First things first

First Things first,

I'm probably more of a realist than I'd like to be.

Another way to start this would be to say "Hi, my Name is Denise, I'm 17 years old (as of now), and, so sublty stated in the title of this blog, trying to become a writer, one day, eventually. I am one of those kids who actually spends her freetime reading and writing. For fun. Yes, people like me still exist.
But that would be too easy.

Anyway, to get a little closer to the point, I would like to introduce myself to you a little bit more. As you know, I'm 17, but I have found my love to language way back when I was six or seven and my father forced me to read my first book. Three hours into the book I was completely drawn into the world of reading and from then on I knew I wanted to become a writer. I even wrote little books for my elementary school teacher (She never gave them back to me. I wonder what happened to them.). Through all the years, my love for the German language had never stopped, in fact it even got a little brother: English. Last year, in 2015/16 I took part in a Student Exchange program, which allowed me to leave Austria, my home country, for a year to have an amazing experience as a high school student in the beautiful state of Michigan, US. I have found a new home there and I got to be someone else than I'd been before, but you'll hear much more of that later. That being said, on here I want to post German, as well as English entries and there really won't be a pattern since I don't have enough organization in my life for that to plan through.
As any writer can probably confirm, the idea always comes right in the moment you have the least time for it, and so I sit here in my bed at 11 p.m., my desk filled with homework, the Alarm clock already set for 6 a.m.

It's probably time to get started on the stuff I actually want to cover with this blog, which really is just a bunch of thoughts I have to get out of my mind. Mainly traveling, thoughts about my "self" and situations or actions that grab my attention in my every day life.

Thanks already for paying a little attention to what I want to say,
most gratefully yours,
Denise :)

Kommentare