Hey Buddy...

Hey... So umm... I'll just get to the point right away.

I just came home from a 2 week long vacation to find out you passed away last week and it's just kind of breaking my heart.
I knew it, at least I thought I did, that when I said goodbye before I left, well, that that could be the last time. I just didn't want it to be true so it didn't feel true.
I thought I'd come in the door and you'd be jumping right at me and that we'd be reunited and happy. Actually, I didn't think so. But I hoped.
So I came in the door and I waited and waited, but nothing, but no one came to me, no one was so amazingly happy to see me, no one waived their tail at me to show me how much they'd missed me and how happy they were that I was back. None of that happened, for the first time in what feels like forever.

Well, since there's no chance to do this in person anymore, I hope I can somehow reach you with my thoughts. I know that you're better now, free of pain, free of stress, free of everything that kept you awake and crying at night in my room. But it hurts.
It hurts so much to realize that now I'm not gonna have anyone who greets me with barks when I finish listening to the song on the radio in the car and waits for me in anticipation before I come in the door.
I'm not gonna have anyone to show me how much they love me, no matter how stupid or useless I feel.
I'm not gonna have anyone to lie next to me while I play the piano, listening patiently for hours on end.
I'm not gonna have anyone to be by my side when I'm awake in bed at night, exhausted from the day before or scared of what might happen the next day.
I'm just not gonna have anyone because you were all that. And you were all that I needed and that I still need.

But I know it wouldn't have done any good for you or me. It's better the way it is.

In the end, I just want you to know that I hope you have a safe trip up there, be a good boy (you always are) and save me a spot right next to you in heaven.

I love and miss you so much.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Kommentare